Monday, September 24, 2007

A Three Hour Vacation & Other Matters

After complaining in the last blog entry about working so hard, we spent about three hours on Saturday afternoon and evening at the best resort in Puyo. Unfortunately, we didn't have the camera, but we will go again and take some shots. Isle de Sol (Island of the Sun) is about 10 acres of swimming pool, pool deck, covered dinning area, a small motel and a very nice dining room. The backdrop is a beautiful set of mountains, clouds, and closer up, the jungle. It also has a sauna, whirlpool, and a children's area. You can stay at the motel for $61 a night including breakfast and the use of all facilities. Some of you who wanted a five star hotel if you were to come here, may have your wish. This is a walled and gated area.

After a refreshing swim, sauna, and swim again, we felt like different people. And imagine that all this was done with an assistant pastor and his family. A great time was had by all.

Reality is startung to set in with some of the upper classes in English. We prsented a grading system today which outlined the requirements each student should meet in areas such as vocabulary, notebooks, class work, group work and exams. What a bunch of howling. The system of unspecified requirements so the grade can be debated forever is over. I am sure we will hear more about this as the system takes its toll.

WE HAVE RAMBLED ON FOR ABOUT A MONTH IN THIS BLOG. PLEASE SEND US YOUR QUESTIONS AND COMMENT EITHER BY EMAIL OR BY COMMENTS TO THIS BLOG. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW??

6 comments:

Trent said...

LOL. You should know better. I just come to read, not to ask questions. Ok, here are my demands. How about some pictures of the bus rides to and from school? Maybe a picture of what the rice dinner looks like. What new Spanish words have you learned that you did not expect ( Slang )? What is the avg. day for the locals? I could go on, but you know me - I don't ask questions.

Trent

Anonymous said...

Trent mentioned rice pictures. How about more food pictures as it does sound pretty different way of eating.
What your home building looks like since it is missing a window?
Stores? VC

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe they would have such a nice resort in the midst of such poverty. I would use it often at that price. I agree with Trent and the questionns he wonders about. Enjoy your vacation, that afternoon snooze proves it is a vacation. Don B

Anonymous said...

You definitely need to go back to the resort and get pictures to post. Sounds like a well deserved "vacation" closer to my definition of one anyways. I'd love to see some pictures of the kids reading books that formerly were residing in my garage. Food pics--Trent's favorite--would be very fun to see too. Especially your buffet style lunches. You are doing a great job and it's fun to live vicariously through you.
Love you!
Marcie = )

Anonymous said...

I want action shots of you two teaching!

Anonymous said...

It has been a while since I was able to read your blog. I was in Canada a week and driving truck all this week. I like the wheel barrow blog. That's great! Hey it is so interesting to read about it all. Your work day is full. I hope the students realize the good teaching and make the grades! Love from Eldon and Phyllis.